These are the books I am actively reading.
- The Three-Body Problem, Liu Cixin
- The Long Fall, Walter Mosley
- Hamlet, William Shakespeare, but just barely—my eyes were so tired I had to put it down before finishing the first page.
- How the Word Is Passed: A Reckoning with the History of Slavery Across America, Clint Smith
Less actively reading
I’m always “reading” a dozen books, some of which I haven’t actually touched in months. These I’ve at least opened at some point in the last month or are collections that I’m working through slowly.
- English Magic, Uschi Gatward
- Complete Short Stories, Graham Greene
- The Stinging Fly, Issue 46, Volume Two
Still super close on How the Word Is Passed.
Chuck mentioned Jaimee Finney’s 12 ways to be better to work with in his weekly note a couple weeks ago and I decided to grab a copy. It was a nice read over breakfast and I enjoyed the tips, especially “silence will hurt you” and “follow up and follow-up”.
- The Storyteller, by Dave Grohl, is on the nightstand.
- Lean Inception, by Paulo Caroli, is on the breakfast/lunch table.
Added to the long list
These are books I’ve run into over the last week and added to some sort of “to one day read” list that is ever growing and will never shrink.