When 2015 is finishing up, I hope to look back and be happy that I’ve done some of these while skipping others to do things even cooler.
In no particular order.
- Read more books. I grew up reading books obsessively and I’ve lost that somewhat over the years. I still read constantly, but the draw of article after article on the Internet doesn’t allow for long periods of focus. If I read 25 books this year, fantastic.
- Get rid of at least 10 physical books that I read this year while switching to ebooks for everything else. We reduced a ton in 2010, but the piles start to add up.
- Any physical books purchased or received in 2015 should be read immediately and passed on to a willing reader. Exceptions made for reference and study material.
- Read a handful of academic papers. I spend so much time thinking about the future of open access publishing, I should be a user.
The theme to 2015 seems to be about reading… 🙂
- Write more. An average of one thoughtful post a week wouldn’t be horrible. Sharing more off the cuff thoughts here rather than Twitter would be wonderful.
- Talk about my work more.
- Get smarter about personal encryption.
- Continue reducing. Seriously, get rid of those 2 laptops and the “netbook”.
- Make measurable progress on the one product idea. Starting at 0.
- At least 100 hours of freelance work.
- Visit one new country, Glacier National Park, and the coast between Los Angeles and San Diego.
- Make big strides in WordPress core for multisite.
- A configurable VVV.
- Get good at Backbone.
- Ask for more advice and spend more time thinking about it.